29 October 2007

Faith




Uncertainty...is the fertile ground of pure creativity and freedom. Uncertainty means stepping into the unknown in every moment of our existence. The unknown is the field of all possibilities, ever fresh, ever new, always open to the creation of new manifestations. Without uncertainty and the unknown, life is just a stale repetition of outworn memories. Deepak Chopra from The Seven Spiritual Laws of Success


This month has been about letting go and embracing the unknown. My department is restructuring and my job is looking unsafe. So my question has been, facing uncertainty and change, how do I stay strong and let go at the same time? In three short weeks, I have made the decision to move back to Spain, have arranged an interview with a company I used to work for, have contacted friends there and am starting to build up a network of coaching friends that I will thrive in when I'm out there. One week after making my decision, I found out that two coaches who I hugely admire and would love to work with are moving out to Spain next year too. Not only that, but I plan to do a course next year and I found out that one of those coaches will be leading that course in Spain next year (she lives in the States).

The answer to that question has been by enjoying the unknown, staying creative around possibilities and being really clear about my vision, while just doing what I need to do to keep moving in the right direction without knowing that I may ever get to the destination has been the way for me. This is the way that I have stayed strong while letting go. Its been thrilling!

No comments: